A qualified and accredited Australian editor and writer, recognised as a ‘Professional’ member by both the Institute of Professional Editors (Aust/NZ) and the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (UK).
EllWords Editing and Writing: Lee Ellwood, AE
I’ve always been a keen reader and writer with an aptitude for English and languages and a general lean towards creative arts. Now I’m an Accredited Editor with the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd), motivated to help you achieve your purpose in writing.
I’ve been working directly or indirectly with editing and publishing for 15 years and I love helping people succeed with their writing or messaging. My experience has been broad, giving me an excellent background in print and digital publishing, copyright, permissions, multimedia, image research and social media.
I specialise in non-fiction writing and the humanities disciplines, particularly:
- commercial and organisational publications, reports and content
- circular economy and sustainability projects
- creative arts and therapy projects
- non-fiction books
- feature articles.
Download my bio (PDF, 1.5MB) for a quick (and shareable!) overview of how I can help you make your message matter.
Services I offer
Structural and copyediting
Print and web publishing support
Non-fiction feature writing
Image research and permissions
- IPEd Accreditation (2021)
- Grammar Refresher workshop, IPEd (2021)
- Editing General Non-fiction workshop, IPEd (2021)
- Editing Narrative Non-fiction workshop, IPEd (2021)
- Graduate Certificate in Editing and Electronic Publishing, Macquarie University – GPA 7.0 (2018)
- IPEd national conferences, Brisbane (2017) and online (2021)
- Academic Editing for the Novice, IPEd (2017)
- Bachelor of Arts in writing, literature, communication and linguistics, University of Canberra – GPA 6.4 (2012)
- Professional Member, Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd)
- Professional Member, Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP), UK
- Former Events Officer, Editors Queensland (state branch of IPEd) (2019-2021)
- Member, Queensland Writers Centre