Does your business, agency, non-profit organisation or community group have a communication goal? Maybe you need to increase its membership, inform staff and volunteers, win funding, attract customers or promote services.
Are you unsure where to start with content for your website, social media or brochures? Maybe it’s simply time they had a refresh and a new direction to be more effective.
In short: do you want to be sure your writing and messaging is in the best possible shape, so it can do the best possible job?
I can help it happen – by …
- clarifying what you want to say, who you want to say it to, and why you want to say it
- choosing the right words in the best order for your purpose and reader
- ensuring a consistent style, both visually and linguistically
- ensuring correct spelling, grammar, punctuation and language
- using clear, concise language that’s understood by your readers
- localising your text (i.e. smoothing translated text or US/UK English into Australian forms and usage)
- developing an effective structure throughout your text, to create a logical flow of information aided by navigational tools
- reviewing the visual presentation of your message and whether it helps readers access your meaning
- researching, sourcing and writing content that’s accurate and engaging.
For example, I can:
- create and edit textual and visual content for your brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, fact sheets, blogs and websites
- write, develop and copyedit case studies, articles, web content, instructional manuals, procedural documents and other text
- research and write articles for your websites, social media, marketing publications and customer relations material
- review teaching materials and online course content for textual errors, stylistic inconsistencies and structural hitches.
While we work together on your written texts, I can mine my professional network to put you in touch with complementary services that can help you make your message matter.
Like many editors, I have connections to related professionals such as graphic designers and translators who can partner with my editing and writing to help you achieve your desktop-publishing and communication goals.